Company & Position:
John Morton Ltd, CEO
Education & Degree Information:
Diploma of Horticulture Science, Lincoln University, New Zealand
Primary area of expertise:
- Source, introduce, develop and commercialize new fruit varieties.
- Evaluate and assess the characteristics and performance of newly introduced varieties.
- Administrate and manage the daily requirements of local and overseas breeding programs.
- Market and promote new variety development
- Technical advisor
Brief Work History:
- Orchard manager-kiwifruit and prunus
- Turner’s & Grower’s technical horticulture advisor
- Rex Graham and Associate-J Wattie’s field advisor
- Hawke’s Bay Nursery Ltd-malus and prunus
- John Morton Ltd-new variety introduction and management
- Zee Sweet Ltd-John Morton Ltd contract service provider
- New Zealand Fruit Tree Company-John Morton Ltd contract service provider
- Shennong Variety Management Ltd-John Morton Ltd contract service provider
P.O. Box 466
Hastings, New Zealand