The HERTHATM Database
The Hertha™ Database is an Internet accessible database designed to facilitate tracking, sales, IP management and evaluating varietals across any number of species. It’s multi-tiered security make it the ideal platform to both maintain confidential varietal information as well as selectively share information with other users of the database.
Sales tracking allows IP owners / managers to track where crops are planted via GPS coordinate recording and mapping, an important feature for both restricted and club varieties. Sales data can also be used for the tracking of royalties
Users can select among various types of evaluations to input, such as standard or UPOV, with each specie having different evaluation fields
Advanced search capabilities make finding data quick and easy. Managing of evaluation test sites, including maps, is built in.
HerthaTM Features and Benefits
- No software to install, system uses any one of several browsers such as IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Multi-level security at both the screen form and data level
- Tracks an unlimited number of varieties in any number of species
- Tracks shipping of test material w/contract generation
- Tracks Trademark and Patent information and associated documents
- Tracks Licensee / Sub-licensee information along with associated contracts
- Advanced search capabilities for evaluations and varieties
- Flexible reporting capabilities with output in PDF format so reports can be printed or emailed
- Currently supports 14 different species.
- Evaluation fields are extensible
- Both UPOV and Standard evaluations are supported
- Evaluations differ by species
- Offline evaluation entry tool
- Ability to track evaluation site maps with GPS coordinates for individual sites or trees
- Ability to input an unlimited number of contracts (ie. Testing agreements, etc) and print these on demand
- Attach an unlimited number of pictures and technical documents to a variety
- Companies can store private information or share information with others on a variety by variety basis
- An extensive set of storage protocols for post-harvest testing can be used or added as necessary
- Tracks and displays graphical family tree for varieties